In a near suburb of: Denver, CO, Las Vegas, NV, Chicago, IL, and Detroit, MI.
We are excited to be working with major national environmental groups on a joint campaign to activate thousands of their members in key Congressional Districts to take action on climate change and other environmental issues and increase membership in the c4s.
General Overview: With the threats to our environment increasing, we need to mobilize people to take immediate action and demand solutions. The Campaign Organizer will build a team of trained activists who are ready to educate Members of Congress, and build the access and influence needed to ensure our representatives fight for stronger environmental policy into 2020 and beyond. The Campaign Organizer will call thousands of members of key organizations, ask them to take action online or on the phone; ask them to confirm their c4 membership; and turn hundreds of them out to key events, recruit them to take on volunteer leadership roles, and train them to meet and work with their member of Congress. The organizer will also put on several large events with members of Congress.
Recruiting Activists and Planning Events
● Call thousands of local members to set up meetings and develop leaders
● Recruit members to attend monthly meetings
● Plan meetups and happy hours for activists
● Ask folks to sign petitions and make calls and to reconfirm their membership
● Organize small and large events for activists to interact with members of Congress
Data Management and Reporting
● Track every interaction with every organizational member
● Track every interaction with members of Congress and their staff
● Report numbers daily and write detailed reports weekly on the results of the campaign
● Ensure that member data is kept secure and that data entry is done with all due care and attention
● Experience in field and volunteer organizing either on advocacy or electoral campaigns strongly recommended
● Demonstrated experience putting on big events
● Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
● Personally organized
● Passion for solving climate change and other environmental issues
● Willingness to work evenings and weekends
● Experience with VAN or comparable data management tools is preferred
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, paid sick leave, health insurance, and a classroom style training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
At 360 Campaign Consulting we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
To Apply: Click on the desired location below to apply. If you’re applying for multiple locations, you can just click on one and note that in the application.